Name: Celia Bowen Position: Cello Instructor
● Associate of Arts in Music at Temple College.
● Bachelor of Music in Music Education at the University of North Texas.
How long have you been in Temple/Belton? Where did you live before Temple/Belton?
● I have lived in Belton since 2010.
● I have been teaching cello lessons since 2018 after I graduated high school. It started out as my personal studio
before I got hired by World of Music, located in Harker Heights, in 2018 and Academie Musique in 2019.
● During my time at UNT, I recently completed my clinical teaching in the Fall semester of 2023 in Prosper ISD in
North Texas. I taught with the middle and high school orchestra’s in the school district. I have also worked with
their String Project group, my last two semesters before clinical teaching. I had to teach a small group of
students between the ages of 10-14 years old and had to give one of the students private lessons also.
● I have completed my training in the Cello Unit 1, Suzuki course in June of 2023.
● At UNT I have performed with their Concert Orchestra and pit orchestra for their operas. Outside of UNT I have
been hired for multiple performance gigs for weddings, church services, and faculty recitals. I have also
performed with Temple Civic Theater, in the summer of 2022, for the musical Guys and Dolls.
Any awards you have received:
● I received a Transfer Scholarship when I transferred to UNT and received an Academic Scholarship from Temple
College that paid for my entire first year of college.
● I like to draw/paint and recently have been into reading.
Favorite musical work: Elgar Cello Concerto in E minor
Favorite food: Sushi Favorite color: Yellow